Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Fashion's Night Out 2011

       This year I was very fortunate to be working and being  a part of the shopping extravaganza! I went to one of LA’s fashion centrals, Beverly Center! There were thousands of eager shoppers, style setter, blogger snapping away with their cameras, and lots of entertainment. Each store had a unique way of promoting their brand. Burberry had hot models serving champagne at the entrance, Diesel was serving cold beers, and even lower end brands such as Express had refreshing soft drinks and bite size snacks. The entire mall was filled with dynamic DJ’s spinning today’s hits, live window models changing outfits every half hour, and free give-aways with purchases.
            Since FNOLA’s sponsors were Maybelline and BMW this year, there were makeup stations displayed throughout the mall with artists doing free makeup and lessons. The highlight of my night was defiantly the fashion shows. The first one was hosted by the one and only fashion icon and designer, Nicole Richie, and the second one was hosted by the Glee cast.
            I was front row and center of the fashion show, and what seemed to have surprised me most was that the clothes I liked more were actually from lower end stores as opposed to well-known department stores.  
            Overall, this experience was a great opportunity for me, I learned a lot behind the history of FNO, the designers, and met a lot of people in the industry. Every year LA out does itself, and I hope next year we will have more designers come out and support their empires, and more celebrities and stylist to support their icons.


Here is a SNEAK PEEK of FNOLA!!















No comments:

Post a Comment